Early Help at Basnett Street Nursery School
We believe that providing 'Early Help' for families when they need it, is key to ensuring that families are able to provide the best start in life for their children and ensure the overall wellbeing of the family is positive.
To support families we:
- Have an open door policy, where you can always come and talk to us about any concerns or worries that you may have
- Will undertake an assessment of the need for Early Help using the approved CSAP
- Ensure to signpost targeted Early Help services
- Work to address the assessed needs of the child & family, through focused interventions, with the aim of improving the outcomes for the child
- Create a TAF and act as Lead Professional in co-ordinating the support plan
- Share information on that provision, which is consistent with the child's welfare and wellbeing with due regard to confidentiality
Our staff have daily contact with the children and their families throughout term time. All staff receive regular safeguarding training and recognise their role in identifying the needs of vulnerable children and their families need for early help.
Links for additional support from partner agencies:
- Burnley Together
- LCC Children & Family Wellbeing Service
- Community Grocery
- Depher Community Fund
- Lancashire Warm Spaces
- Minds Matters
- Sure Start
Support And Information
We have a duty to protect children and young people from harm caused by neglect or abuse. This includes investigating any allegations that a child might be being neglected or abused, and if necessary take appropriate action to protect the child.
- Concerned about a child - Call 0300 123 6720 or out of hours 0300 123 6722. If you think a child is in immediate danger - do not delay ring the police on 999
- Concerned about an adult that works with children - If there are immediate safeguarding concerns to the child call 0300123 6720 or out of hours 033 123 6722. If there are no immediate safeguarding concerns to the child inform senior management at the organisation where the person works. Senior managers must contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) when they receive an allegation or concern about a person who works with children.
- NSPCC - National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (UK) - www.nspcc.org.uk/
- The Family Safeguarding page on the LCC website has lots of useful information about the Safeguarding measures they have in place not just for children but for their families as well. Please visit https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/children-education-families/keeping-children-safe/family-safeguarding
- CFWS- Children and Family Wellbeing Service offers a wide range of support to families in the forms of groups, courses etc. Please visit https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/practitioners/supporting-children-and-families/children-and-family-wellbeing-service/
- Health Visiting Team - 0300 247 0040